Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #12

I found several of the points made in the blog posts about commenting interesting. I also thought it interesting how many of the suggestions on commenting seem to echo each other in the different articles. In Cool Cat's Blog I see how important it is to make your comments meaningful. In ProBlogger's 10 Techniques to get more comments on your blog I like the suggestions to Ask questions, interact with comments left, be humble and be gracious. These qualities are important for any form of communication and would make sense that they apply to blog comments as well. I also found the suggestion to "Contribute - As much as possible, try leaving a comment athat adds value to the discussion." very important. In the first few comments I left on fellow SBISD bloggers sites I would comment on their submissions but don't feel that I really added to the discussion. I really appreciated all the comments I received that would both comment on my post but then expand upon my post by contributing a new idea or application for classroom use, etc. I've valued all those comments as I've been able to learn from my fellow bloggers.

No comments: