Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing #6

Ok...I could have spent forever playing on bighugelabs.com! I had to tear myself away. I particularly liked the poster maker and the map maker. I thought the cube maker would be a fun class activity. I was thinking of using it for a math center this coming year to help the students identify and name 3-dimensional figures. As a class we could photograph several examples of each figure, the students could then choose their favorite photos to make their own cubes. The cubes then could be placed in a center where the students could use them with a simple game where they could travel along a trajectory where each place was labeled with the name of a 3-D figure. They could roll a cube and travel to the matching name.

2 comments:

arkreynolds said...

Interesting idea! I bet the students would enjoy it so much they would forget they were learning.

Amitch said...

Great! You could do an ABC book or "The Most Important Thing about Shapes."
Here is a great place to find definitions for math words.
http://www.hbschool.com/glossary/math2/index4.html